Thursday, November 22, 2012

One Big Little Step

Oh! We can't decide on an engagement date!!!

He wants it to be January, but I'll be just starting work in January. He wants it to be done before he goes into Medical Department. Otherwise he said it'll be in 2014. But I think I need time to adapt myself to work and I don't think I can divide my time and energy between working and arranging an engagement ceremony!

I want it to be simple but even if I just invite family and close friends, you must know, my father has 16 siblings (from 4 mothers) and my mother has 9 siblings (from 1 mother). Count all the cousins, nieces, nephews and grandchildren and that just makes the ceremony far from simple, I think.

And you must know the Malays. You can't invite one person, without inviting the other person. Even if you don't fancy that one aunt. In the end, I'm sure my mother will spread the words around anyway...

Plus, I can't just let my mother do all the preparations! I want to be in it too since it's my ceremony too!

What if I'm still tagging at that time or what if I got Medical or Surgical or Obstetrics Department as my first post?! Wouldn't that be difficult for me too? I mean, he's already adapt to work almost a year now, and I am just starting. I am afraid that stress will get to me, and the ceremony will be a disaster because I easily breakdown if things don't go my way...

Oh, this is so stressful.... and this is just thinking about the date! Not yet the actual planning!

2 comments:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate!
Things will work out in their own time..
By the way, I linked to your post about Muslim pre-marriage course on my blog because it's so good and informative!
Duncan In Kuantan

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

Yes, it seems so.. still have a long way to go though, but in a very short time! >.<"

Oh! I saw! I was wondering why visitors were coming in from your blog.. Anyway, thank you! :)