Saturday, December 24, 2011

oh December, why are you so cruel?

So many unfortunate events happened in December.

There were so many people pissing me off, that I actually felt like blowing something up.. Fardia gave the idea: balloons. LOL! maybe. I think Pissing Anna off in December in an annual thing, because there was so many people pissing me off last December that I actually posted Lets Piss Off Anna Month. Let's see what will happen next December, then we'll decide if it's an annual thing.

I didn't really want to tell this, but I really need to let it out. My roomate's ATM card got spoiled and she doesn't have any back up account. So I lent her my HSBC ATM card, since my active account is Maybank. All my allowance and transactions are in my Maybank account. HSBC is just my backup account, in case anything happen to my Maybankcard.

So my roomate borrowed it. She transfered some of her money to the account, and I gave her my ATM card. My 'niat' when I did that account is also, if someone card got broken or lost, they can borrow mine. Well, the day happened. So. She asked my pin number. So I told her, and she asked me to repeat the number, I repeated the number, and she repeated the number, and she wrote down the number.

The next day, the messaged me, "anna, your pin number is (e.g) 112323 right?". I was like no. It's 113223. How the hell she managed to mess that up? I totally recall she spoke the correct number.

When I got back home, I asked her. She said she didn't manage to withdraw the money because she tried the number 2 times and got rejected. Yesterday she tried again, and now my card is blocked. *sighhhhhhhhhh.....*

I really don't know what to say. Part of me is actually quite angry at her but part of me is quite angry at myself too for not writing it down for her. She should have called me when it was rejected the first time, she should have shown me the number that she wrote down just to be sure OR I could have written it down for her, or I could have took the money out for her instead of giving her the power of my ATM card. So many what ifs.... but it had happened but I'm still very upset.

I called HSBC today, they said they can't issue a new card here in Moscow. Need to do it back in Malaysia. I thought they were an International Bank? So weird. So now, even I don't have a back up account. aiyaaaaa.....

Lets just hope nothing will happen to my maybankcard.

What surprises me yesterday was, MY ROOMATE STILL MANAGED TO GO SHOPPING!!!! She brought back 5 big shopping bags; including new handbag, new shoes, new clothes, and I don't know what else is in that bag... HOMAIGOD...

Thank God I only have 6 more months. My roomate is the most gullible and naive person I have ever met. You wouldn't even think she's 24!

The only good thing that happened this December is my sister's awesome 7A1B PMR result and our visa is on the way. I need a break from Moscow. *pening*

HERE'S SOME TIPS FOR YOU NEW FRESHMEN OUT THERE WHO WANTS TO PURSUE YOUR STUDIES OVERSEAS:

  1. HAVE 2 BANK ACCOUNT. HAVE 2 ATM CARDS
  2. BETTER YET, OPEN A LOCAL BANK ACCOUNT. IT'D BE EASIER IF YOU LOST YOUR ATM CARD OR IF IT GETS BROKEN.
  3. OPEN AN ONLINE BANKING ACCOUNT
  4. BUY A STUDENT TARIFF SIM CARD. So you don't have to topup your phone every 3 months or change your number every  year. It'll be easier to get the TAC number too.

3 comments:

F. said...

ur h/mate smpat shopping lagi tanpa prasaan?? haih...

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

She's a shopaholic. Our room is like 1/3 is mine, and 2/3 is hers because she has like a lot of stuffs. and i mean, A LOT! She borrowed her friend's money to shop. I really don't know how she does it..

ffh said...

OMYGOD! maybe she's stressed Anna? to be honest I dont shop a lot anymore.